- Where is it located?
Located at an average altitude of 950m, Bkassine is a charming peaceful village gifted by nature with a large and exquisite pine forest, covering an area of 1 million square meters, making it the largest pine forest in Lebanon and the Middle East. This in turn makes it one of the perfect settings for a quiet weekend away from the pollution and noise of the city.
Bkassine lays South of Jezzine and it is 74 km away from Beirut. It is a beautifully green area which attracts tourists from different parts of the country in addition to tourists from all over the world. The forest suffers from different environmental problems or risks.
- Our Vision:
DPNA’s vision is to protect and preserve the natural pine forest of Bkassine. To fulfil this vision we will build partnerships and seek funds from municipalities, NGOs, INGOs, private and public sector to launch “Bkassine Pine Part”.
The Natural Reserve of Bkassine will include different entertainment, sportive, eco-touristic, and environmental friendly areas that will attract children, youth, community members, and tourists and host them in organized and environmental safety ways.
- How will it benefit the community?
- Environmentally protect the natural being of Bkassine forest.
- Help decrease the pollution when people are visiting the venue and will also host a waste management area that will encourage visitors to start the process at homes.
- This project will be considered as one of the most leading and innovative projects in the area of Jezzine, the project will ensure job opportunities and will result in leveraging the tourism sector in the region. In addition, the venue will also host sport activities.
- Socially, the project will decrease internal immigration and will also encourage those who are still in Jezzine area to stay in their home towns.